Sunday 2 June 2013

Self Portrait Importance

Many Artists including Master Artists such as 'Vincent Van Gogh' have practiced and made studies of them selves to improve and express their artistic abilities. I have set a task where I must create a well proportioned portrait using myself as the model. Although this painting is purely a study of the human face I want to add character and show emotion.

So I've come up with a quick sketch to help me get an idea of the form and shape of the painting. During the process I noticed how its more challenging to paint yourself as your very conscious of what you look like. I feel that this task will help me become a better artist and soon I will be able to import these skills onto my  artwork.

I'm not going crazy tonight as I lack sleep from last nights study so I will stop the process for now and start early in the morning,



No comments:

Post a Comment